Incredible Edible is a network of people who have created vegetable plots in all sorts of unlikely places in their villages, towns and cities. We want to connect Incredible people from across Dudley borough. Whether you grow in your own garden, on an allotment, in public spaces, or through a community growing project we’d love to meet you.
We’re coming together on the evening of Thursday 3 November at Gather, a new hive of inspiration on Dudley High Street which also has great coffee. Register free places on Eventbrite.
The evening will run something like this:
From 5.30pm: Arrivals, drinks, chatting
6.00pm: Welcome and a short inspiring Incredible Edible talk screening
6.30pm: A chance to chat some more and add your ideas and activites to:
- A Map of Incredibleness: gardens, open allotments, community an school growing projects and more
- A Year of being Incredible: a shared calendar for 2017 – get more people involved in your seed swaps, Big Lunches, clear ups and more
- Incredible Offers: tips, skills, time and stuff we can share with each other
7.00pm: Head, heart, hands : choose from the following
- Head: got ideas for growing Incredible Edible in Dudley? Join a team to put together a proposal for Active Citizens funding* which will be considered on 16 November. West Midlands Police are encouraging people to get actively involved in projects which make a positive difference where they live through Active Citizens. We’ve met a lot of eager and potential growers through our Activate sessions and we want to connect Incredible people, growing places and growing ideas together.
- Heart: passionate about growing and food? We don’t want to stop you if you’re enjoyng the chat and connections, so feel free to get another lovely drink and keep the conversation flowing
- Hands: enjoy getting down to practical doing? Make a simple fruit picker and learn about plans to try out an Abundance fruit harvesting project in Dudley. (It would be useful if you could bring a large plastic bottle and a sturdy pole.)
All welcome. All ages, all circumstances. (Children must bring a grown up.) Register free places on Eventbrite. If you can’t make it along but are interested you can contact Lorna Prescott by phone or text: 07501 722255 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The Active Citizens programme was launched in June 2016. West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner David Jamieson said: ”Community-spirited people who want to make real changes to the neighbourhoods in which they live and work should be celebrated. Active Citizens is a great opportunity to fund projects that makes people’s lives better and community’s safer and I would urge people to get involved.”
Dudley Police are taking a unique approach to delivery of the West Midlands Police Active Citizens fund. By collaborating with Dudley CVS they have helped to create an opportunity which is open to all potential active citizens, including children and young people, and people who are not involved in running local community or voluntary organisations.